Bad habits you should drop in other to have a nice skin
- Avoid picking scars. People tend to pick away at them, thinking they will disappear but unfortunately the scar still remains, they are just picking away at the scab underneath.
- Forgetting your neck and chest. The skin on your neck and chest is just as important as your face, and equally as delicate.
- Picking pimples. There are many reasons for not picking pimples. It can lead to scarring of the face and if aggressive enough, you will end up with pock marks or hyperpigmentation (dark spots) on your face.
- Over-exfoliating. Exfoliation is a wonderful thing for your skin but too much of a good thing is definitely bad. Over-exfoliating can lead to irritated and flaking skin.
- Sleeping in makeup. No matter how tired we are after a long day at work or going out with friends, it is really important to take the time to care for your skin at night. If you have an acne/ oily skin, it is imperative to wash away all that excess oil that your skin produced during the day – not to mention all the makeup that was applied and worn during the day which can lead to clogged pores. You also want to wash away all of the pollutants that skin is exposed to during the day – this is especially important to maintaining youthful skin.
- Resting your chin on your hand. Over time, this can lead to sagging, fine lines and wrinkles. Practice good posture and avoid the chin rest.
- Rubbing your eyes. Rubbing your eyes can lead to fine lines around the eye area.
- Sleeping on your face. This habit can cause unwanted fine lines and wrinkles so always try to fall asleep on your back to avoid unsightly lines that could have been prevented.
- Smoking. We all know smoking takes a toll on skin, but many people don’t realize how much. Smoking is the most common cause of wrinkles around the mouth, often called smoker’s lines.
- Licking and nibbling on your lips. Dry lips are uncomfortable, but licking your lips is not the best solution. Saliva dries, taking any natural moisture with it. The result is dry, cracked and chapped skin.
SHARE this to help others too.