Oh my god!,you won’t believe this!
Tragedy struck yesterday as a fresh graduate of the Imo State University took his last breath as students poured him water in jubilation of final year completion.
What seem to be jubilation turned into a gathering of sorrow when the victim was running away from a number of students who pursued after him to pour dirty water on him. In that quest to dodge the water being poured on him, he fell into a soak-away pit and got drowned.
The dirty water from the pit however is partially passing a light current as the pit is dug beside their transformer where earth-wire is buried.
Pouring of water has been banned in schools but some students would not obey this.
Many students in this light unaccepted celebration of final papers have been injured, poured acid and some other dangerous liquids while some other persons have gone to the great beyond via this.
I think every final year student should learn from this as well as those who dedicate them to pouring water on university finalists.
SOURCE: http://nigerianuniversitysch olarships.com/imsu- fresh-graduate- dead-students-poured- dirty-water-see-photo- share/
i don’t know how this stupid ritual of pouring dirty water on graduating students start but i think it should be scraped in nigerian universities with immediate effect.
baffles me why school authorities and securities in public universities in Nigeria can’t put a full ban to this rubbish.
Some students would even go to the extent of buying a full crate of egg,mixed with urine and dirty water stored for days and pour it on fresh graduates who just finished their final exams..
May his soul RIP.
Pouring of water on students should be banned in ALL schools.