One of the important life lesson
1. Deferring your happiness to the future is a
Too many people presume that when they
have that one thing they can work towards for
years then “everything will be alright”.
This is delusional.
When you get it, there’ll be something else
missing in your life. I fundamentally believe
that long-term pure happiness from one
particular situation or achievement is a pipe-
dream, but we can learn to be content with
what we have, live in the now, all while
enjoying the progress and changes we are
If your whole life is working up towards one
really big major goal that you hold on to for
years, then you will have a major anticlimax
after the dust settles. Work towards it, but
stop deferring your happiness. Take this lesson seriously.
2. Living a good life is the best way possible
to convince people:
Enough words and enough arguing. This is very important because like they say action speaks louder than voice. Just live
by example and soon you’ll have people on
your side when they see your results and how
passionate you are. No need to “convince”
them. Just show them that you are there, tell
them how you got there, and they will start to
realise that maybe you aren’t that crazy after all. They will learn their lesson and adjust accordingly.
3. Nobody has it all figured out. This is one of the important LESSONS life has thought me. Everyone has a problem nomatter how much they try to cover it, this fact has helped to drive home the african proverb which says that the ” he goat sweats but it furs prevents others from seeing it” dont be deceived by the fake smiles and show that almost everyone displays. Dont be deceived by the fake life of most celebrities, dont compare your life to their own because everyone has where the shoe is pinching them.
Nobody has it all figured out
Almost everyone has problems and puts on a
brave face – don’t presume they have it easy.
You see of each person what they let you see.
You have no idea what they are going through
or what they had to put up with to be in a
situation that you can consider “easy”.
This is universal – millionaires, students, the
cool kid, the party animal, the introvert and
everyone in between has more to their story
than the superficial restricted one you see.
Never dismiss them as having it easy if you
don’t know the entire story. Very important!
View also : 7 IMPORTANT LIFE LESSONS THAT A YOUNG
GIRL LEARNT FROM breaking UP WITH
4. I wonder why most people especially will rather lie than admit that they dont know somethings in life. They is nothing to be ashamed of because no one know it all in life. If you dont know something you should admit it, feel free to ask for help because according to an important african proverb “a traveller that asks questions never misses his destination.
There’s no shame in saying “I don’t know”
There is a stigma in some cultures to admit
ignorance about a particular topic. Don’t
dance around the issue – just say I don’t
know. Honesty is way smarter.
5. More money will NEVER solve your
As long as you are not living in the street or
going hungry, then you do not “need” more
money. When you spend enough time with
people who are actually living on next to
nothing, but having a full life, then you will
truly understand this. Everything that is
wonderful about life doesn’t cost a penny, and
the rest is way cheaper than you think it is.
View also : TWO IMPORTANT MANAGEMENT LESSONS I
LEARNT FROM A 500 NAIRA NOTE
6. The sixth important life lesson applies to everyone in the information age.
The Internet is the greatest tool ever
available to us, but daily use must be capped
Unlike TVs, the Internet is interactive and
allows you to take part and become virtually
social. It connects communities all over the
world and without it, the last many years
simply would have been much more difficult
for me for many reasons.
Having said that, it has the same potential as
TV to become a black hole of time. Use it to
enrich your life, but put a cap on how much
you use it so you can get out and live that
life. Replacing one screen with another (even
when you use it to chat to people) is just
escaping the real world, which is much more
7. Man’s demands can be insatiable so its very important that you keep it at the back of your mind.
You can’t please everyone
State your opinion and stick to your guns.
Trying to please everyone is a fool’s errand. If
you are confident enough and share your idea
with enough people, you will piss off someone
no matter what you talk about. That’s their
problem, not yours.
View also : The proffessor’s lesson about setting our priorities
View also : real life tips for students
8. Trying to be cool or following trends is for
Peer pressure is for people who are afraid of
their individuality in life. You are unique. Stand up for yourself, and
go against the flow if that’s what you feel is
best. What’s cool now will be frozen over in a
9. I wonder why people find it difficult to say this magic words “i’m SORRY” . C’mon its very important that you learn how to make use of it. Swallow your pride and apologise
Never hold a grudge and never try to win every
argument. Sometimes it’s best to let your
pride slide for the sake of clearing the air with
someone. Be the first to say you’re sorry.
Never wait for the other person to make the
10. Doing anything specifically to impress
people is stupid: Now this is a very important life lesson.
People will never give you the validation you
seek if you try to be a dancing monkey for
them. Saying how many languages you speak,
how rich you are, who you know, where you
studied or what you do for a living, or trying
to show-off in any other way to get someone
to like you, or working for these things just for
the bragging rights will leave you really
People are impressed by those who aren’t
trying to impress them and are comfortable in
themselves and social and interesting.
Sometimes to be “interesting” all you have to
do is be a good listener.
11. Love isn’t “all” you need, but if you don’t
have it in some form, your life will be very
We don’t need love to survive, but without it
there will be a huge hole inside you. Make
sure that every day you have someone (family,
friends, lover) to remind you that you are
special. In Life If you postpone this part of your life
until later , after you get or do that thing you
want to do, you will continue in that lonely
View also : how to use fear to your own advantage
12. The last life lesson in this list :
You don’t know what you’ve got ’till its
Don’t take anything for granted.
The most valuable lessons in life can never
be expressed in black and white, but must be
You don’t know what you’ve got ’till its